Improving Rural Development in Georgia (ENPARD III)
The project is part of the European Neighborhood Programme for Agriculture and Rural Development (ENPARD). It aims to address structural and systemic challenges that hamper rural development in Georgia and have a negative impact on the rural population and natural environment. It supports improvement of rural development policy governance, rural economic diversification and sustainable environmental practices in target areas across rural Georgia, including Autonomous Republic of Adjara. The project is implemented in partnership and close cooperation with the wide range of stakeholders, including the Government of Georgia, Government of Autonomous Republic of Adjara, regional and municipal authorities, civil society and community organizations, local activist groups, academic institutions and the private sector.
1. Delivering more diverse rural services to the population in a more efficient, effective and sustainable manner.
2. Ensuring relevance of the content of the Rural Development Strategy and Rural Development Action Plan, nation-wide and for the Adjara region, and its implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the most relevant, efficient, effective and sustainable way.
- Improved governance for effective implementation of the National Rural Development Strategy, Rural Development Action Plan and related programmes;
- Improved rural economic diversification, employment and services;
- Improved environment, sustainable management of natural resources and climate action;
- Improved rural development governance and economic diversification, environment, natural resources and climate action in Adjara AR.