The Eastern Partnership European School
The vision for a European School for the Eastern Partnership is to offer quality education to pupils from partner countries, increasing opportunities, fostering co-operation and fundamental values, and promoting a better understanding of the EU. In this first pilot phase, the project establishes a partnership with an existing school in Tbilisi, offering scholarships to students from the six Eastern partner countries for an IB Diploma Programme with a focus on European Studies
The overall aim is to promote high quality international education in the Eastern Neighbourhood region.
The specific objective is to launch a merit-based Scholarship Programme for a European-focused IB Diploma through an IB partner School in Tbilisi, Georgia, open to pupils from all six EU Eastern neighbours.
The main actions in this first pilot phase are:
- The establishment of a partnership with a Tbilisi-based international school (the New School, Georgia), with the endorsement of the Georgian government.
- The adaptation of the International Baccalaureate curriculum to include specific elements of European studies. The adaptation will be carried out under the guidance of the IB Board, and with the support of the European Schools' Secretary General (EURSC).
- The design and management of a scholarship scheme for the entire roll-out phase for up to 30 new students per year.
- The training of teachers to ensure preparation for delivery of the specialised curriculum.
- The provision of visa facilitation support, support to mobility and security of pupils.
- Feasibility study for the second phase of the project, in which operations are expected to move to a newly constructed school, on a fully European Schools based learning curriculum.
Partnership that empowers
Youth participation and leadership
Страны Восточного партнерства:
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine
Дата начала проекта:
Дата окончания проекта:
Номер проекта ЕС: