PGG III: Support to further modernisation of court management in the Republic of Moldova
This project seeks to promote further modernisation of the judicial administration, improving the evaluation, efficiency, and quality of the functioning of courts, in particular by strengthening the court management and preventing backlogs, improving the transparency, communication, and accessibility of courts, as well as the public trust and user satisfaction, in line with European standards.
This project is implemented within the third Phase of the joint programme of the European Union and the Council of Europe “Partnership for Good Governance”. It builds on the results of the previous phases of the Partnership for Good Governance in the field of strengthening justice (Phase I 2015-2018 and Phase II 2019-2023).
The project will pursue three main axes:
- Court approach – improving the evaluation and efficiency of the functioning of courts, in particular by strengthening court management and tackling backlogs;
- Justice professionals’ approach – improving the working conditions, the transparency and communication of the judiciary;
- Users’ approach – improving the accessibility of the judiciary and user satisfaction.
• Strengthened efficiency and quality of services are achieved through improved evaluation of performance and modernised court management;
• Improved working conditions, transparency, and communication of the judiciary;
• Improved accessibility of the judiciary and user satisfaction.