Under the authority of the Head of Office, and the supervision of the Head of the Economic Crime and Cooperation Division, Department of information Society and Action against Crime, Directorate General Human Rights and Rule of Law (DGI) of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, the incumbent will assist with the implementation of the European Union and Council of Europe Joint Programme “Controlling Corruption through Law Enforcement and Prevention”.
Employment is conditioned by the signing of an Agreement with the European Union and is limited to the duration of the Project (36 months).
The incumbent performs the following key duties in accordance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines and priorities with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- Provides logistical and secretarial assistance to the project team in the planning, organisation and follow-up of the project activities, in accordance with the Project workplan and calendar of activities and in co-operation with local and international partners and stakeholders;
- Makes practical arrangements connected to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation and meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation, etc.);
- Prepares the submission of financial support documents for final payment and reimbursement of experts; provides and verifies any other financial information and documentation (including activity synopsis) as regards the activities implemented;
- Follows up work or activities in progress and reports to the supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
- Drafts and formats correspondence, memos, documents, contract letters and financial arrangements in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
- Provides secretarial and linguistic assistance to visitors and experts; interprets consecutively during meetings between consultants and representatives of beneficiary or partner institutions in the Republic of Moldova;
- Provides translations, spelling and grammar checking, and editing of the relevant project documents;
- Organises and keeps project documents and files up to date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- Ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents among the project team and the Office;
- Contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with colleagues and the direct project management.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
This local recruitment procedure is open to applicants already present in the Republic of Moldova.
Only applicants who best meet the following criteria will be considered for shortlisting.
- Completed secondary education followed by a professional qualification in secretarial/administrative studies or similar. A post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years studies in translation, linguistics or other relevant field would be an advantage.
- At least two years of relevant professional experience; experience of administrative duties; experience in translation and interpretation.
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level);
- Very good knowledge of one of the official languages (English);
- Knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Nationality of host country or one of the 47 Council of Europe member states.
- Under 65 years of age at the closing date of the vacancy notice.