European School in Georgia
The “European School in Georgia” project (Phase II) was launched in 2021. As a flagship project, it represents a strategic priority for the Government of Georgia and the EU to address the needs of the youth, focusing on secondary education.
The project is part of the EU’s larger efforts to offer high quality education to students from all six Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries and was included as one of the “Eastern Partnership - 20 Deliverables for 2020”. The Project fosters cooperation, multicultural understanding and tolerance, as well as promotes a better understanding of the EU and its engagement in the region.
The second phase of the project will result in the establishment of the European School in Georgia, open to students from all EaP countries. The School will offer a two-track (Georgian and IB) Diploma programmes focused on multicultural education, language learning and high quality teaching.
The school will host the Eastern Partnership European Scholarship Programme for students from all EaP countries for the years to come, serve as a model school for the reform of public education in Georgia and facilitate high-quality learning that reflects European values and educational standards.
The overall objective of the project is to promote high-quality education of international standards in the Eastern Neighbourhood.
The specific objective of the project is: to create a learning environment, to develop human capacity and to implement curricula that will enable the provision of accessible, high-quality education of international standards with an emphasis on European aspects in Georgia for students from all Eastern Partnership Countries.
To achieve this the Project works in close cooperation with and supports the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia (MoES) and the Eastern Partnership European School in:
1. Design and construction monitoring of the School Campus
2. Establishment and implementation of the successful enrolment scheme
3. Teacher recruitment and training
4. Curriculum development and authorization
5. Scholarship scheme for all EaP countries, student mobility and academic development.
Expected results of the project include:
1. School premises are built and equipped;
2. The Enrolment scheme, Admissions and Marketing plans, Governance, Organisational and Finance management structures are established and implemented;
3. A Teaching Training programme through a Learning Academy is developed and procedures for teacher selection, recruitment and continuous professional development are available;
4. High-quality curricula are developed, implemented and authorised for the school’s two-track system;
5. Scholarship Scheme for the European-focused IB Diploma Programme developed and available at the School for Students from all EaP countries; An IB Diploma Programme promoting European values is available and accessible to students of all six European Eastern neighbours and is enhanced by supplementary activities.
Partnership that creates, Partnership that empowers
Education, Research and Innovation, Youth participation and leadership
Eastern Partnership, Education, Infrastructure
Страны Восточного партнерства:
Дата начала проекта:
Дата окончания проекта:
Номер проекта ЕС: