Development of Community and Family-based Integrated Social Services for the Most Vulnerable Children in Azerbaijan
The project aims to create an environment in which more vulnerable, at-risk and under-served children and young people can access quality services, support and opportunities through achieving of project’s three outcomes in supporting integrated Early Childhood Development (ECD), community-based social services for children and youth friendly services in the selected districts. All project activities are implemented in close partnership with local NGOs/CSOs, local district authorities and communities of the selected districts.
The success of this project will not only increase the consistent quality of service provision and multi-sectoral approaches to child development and social protection, but also position the NGO/CSO community as a valued and trusted ‘third sector’ to work alongside public and private sector entities in delivering the broadest range of services and high impact interventions to the most vulnerable children across the country.
- By 2021, an increased number of young children (from birth to school entry age) in four districts of Ganja, Aghjabadi, Shirvan and Absheron have equitable access to essential quality, integrated and inclusive Early Childhood Development programmes including health, nutrition, protection, early learning services and parenting education;
- By 2021, an increased number of vulnerable children in three districts of Ganja, Aghjabadi, Shirvan have access to quality integrated, inclusive child-centered, equity-focused and community-based social services and child protection systems;
- By 2021, an increased number of adolescents and youth in eight districts of Baku-Binagadi and Khazar, Mingachevir, Shamkir, Qazakh, Bilasuvar, Tartar, Geranboy and Barda have equitable access to integrated youth-friendly services.
- In total, 60,000 young children (in their first 1,000 days) and their parents/ caregivers will benefit from the ECD counselling including health, nutrition, protection and parenting education programme (Absheron, Ganja, Shirvan, Aghjabedi);
- About 400 children at pre-school age (3-5 yrs.) will benefit from early learning and pre-school support through play, games and contact with other children including children with disabilities. (Absheron, Ganja, Shirvan, Aghjabedi);
- Around 4,000 children are expected to be reached by social workers through community outreach for vulnerability assessment and 200 children with disabilities will receive specific social services to support their integration and development (Ganja, Shirvan, Aghjabedi);
- Some 3,000 adolescents and young people will benefit from getting an access to youth-friendly services and be involved in training, sports, art and participation activities (Baku-Binagadi and Khazar, Mingachevir, Shamkir, Qazakh, Bilasuvar, Tartar, Geranboy and Barda).