Entrepreneurship for Youth
“Entrepreneurship for Youth” project is funded by the European Union, in the framework of Education Support Program in Azerbaijan. The action is also co-funded by Pasha Bank and implemented by Junior Achievement Azerbaijan (JA Azerbaijan) in the partnership with Azerbaijan Micro-finance Association (AMFA), JA Estonia.
The overall objective of the “Entrepreneurship for Youth” project is to strengthen the capacity and participation of civil society in development of the entrepreneurial eco-system through promotion of entrepreneurship education (EE) and provision of financial literacy (FL).
The project is implemented in Baku, Gabala, Gakh, Ganja, Khachmaz, Masally, Mingachevir and Zagatala regions . The action is engaged 150 teachers and 3 000 students from 4 vocational and 42 secondary schools.
- To promote a dialogue among various stakeholders to build an entrepreneurial ecosystem in Azerbaijan;
- To engage local entrepreneurs, businessmen and CSOs in capacity building, resource development and delivery of entrepreneurship education and financial literacy;
- To integrate entrepreneurship education into education curricula through application of the best European experiences on entrepreneurship education and financial literacy;
- Support piloting European experince on entrepreneurship education and financial literacy in Baku, Gabala, Masally, Ganja, Khachmaz, Mingachevir, Zagatala and Gakh.
- Learning from Estonian experience of teaching entrepreneurship and financial literacy at the secondary and high school;
- Develop and test teaching-learning tools (teacher guide, student book, paper and digital learning materials) on entrepreneurial education and financial literacy based on JA program;
- Advancing teaching capacity in the related fields at least of 150 teachers from 8 regions;
- Introducing financial literacy and entrepreneurship at 42 secondary schools and 4 VET schools;
- Engaging local entrepreneurs and representatives of finance institutions into delivery of entrepreneurship and financial literacy classes at the pilot schools;
- Establish entrepreneurship centers/innovation labs at the secondary and vocation schools;
- Arrange various trainings, workshops, business competitions for students and teachers;
- Develop the draft action plan and a clear framework of desired outcomes of entrepreneurial education and present to policy makers from the Ministry of Education.
Partnership that creates, Partnership that creates, Partnership that creates
Employment and entrepreneurship, Youth (entrepreneurship & skills development), Education, Research and Innovation
Youth, Jobs, Education
Junior Achievement Azerbaijan - JAA
Funding by the EU:
EU Project Number: