Partnerships 4 Women Leadership and Good Governance
The "Partnerships 4 Women Leadership and Good Governance” project is financed by the European Union and Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung and implemented by Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Moldova and Institutum Virtutes Civilis. The general objective of the project is to enhance the capacity of Moldovan civil society organisations and women to participate in decision-making processes and bring positive changes in their communities.
- Empowering and enhancing the capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs), community-based organizations (CBs) and Local Action Groups (LAGs) to influence local and national policy-making processes by developing and monitoring public policy implementation.
- Promoting participatory budgeting, administrative transparency, including public procurement procedures and promoting gender-sensitive public policies.
- Capacity-building of decision-makers at all levels to develop and implement public policies, including gender-sensitive policies, and to cooperate efficiently with CSOs, CBOs and LAGs, in order to ensure a participatory and inclusive public policy-making process.
- Increasing the capacity of women and girls to participate in decision-making processes.
- Raising public awareness of the role of women in good governance and the importance of ensuring equal opportunities for the participation of women in social, economic and political processes.
- 100 women selected for participation in the Leadership Academy "Women for Good Governance" and trained. The participants will learn about the role of women in the decision-making process; the role of political parties in the development of democracy; electoral legislation, rules for registration and participation in the electoral race; elements of a public speech and a personal development plan and the mission statement.
- 30 representatives of Moldovan civil society organisations, local initiative groups and local action groups strengthened their knowledge and skills in good governance (decision-making transparency, participatory public policy making, anti-corruption, LPA integrity and public procurement monitoring).
- 2 Memorandum of Understanding signed - 1 with the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection and 1 with the Academy of Public Administration.
- A baseline study on the perception and attitude of the population of the 4 target rayons (Ialoveni, Straseni, Rezina and Telenesti) regarding the importance and role of women in decision-making processes.
The study will as well analyse the sustainable development.
- 4 cooperation agreements signed with the partner rayons - Ialoveni, Straseni, Rezina and Telenesti.
- 80 participants – project partners and beneficiaries, including representatives of the European Union Delegation to the Republic of Moldova, central and local public authorities, local and national civil society organisations, international organisations and the media participated at the launch event of the “Partnerships for women’s leadership and good governance”. During the event, the President of “Institutum Virtutes Civilis” presented the objectives and activities of the project and signed cooperation agreements with the presidents of the four districts included in the project - Rezina, Telenesti, Straseni and Ialoveni.
The European Union supports the development of the Moldovan civil society to contribute to changing people’s life for the better
Women for Good Governance Academy will equip Moldovan women with leadership skills
The "Women for Good Governance" Leadership Academy has been successfully launched