The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is looking for a full-time Communications Manager to join their Secretariat team in Brussels.
Under the guidance of the Secretariat’s Director the Communications Manager shall:
• Develop and implement communication strategy and communication plans with the goal of increasing the visibility of the Forum;
• Successfully communicate the activities of the Forum externally and internally;
• Develop website and social media content and provide regular updates to the organisation’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and other accounts in English and Russian;
• Coordinate communications campaigns of the Forum;
• Write, proofread and edit all types of information material provided by the Forum to its members and external stakeholders in coordination with Advocacy and Membership Manager (statements, press releases, speeches, position papers, website content, newsletters, publications, etc.);
• Support the activities of the Working Group 4 ‘’People to People contacts’’ including the participation of members in the EaP official architecture, annual Working Group meeting and Working Group meeting during the Annual Assembly;
• Maintain strong relationships with media representatives, relevant stakeholders and CSF participants;
• Respond to press and other enquiries;
• Maintain and update a database of journalists and media contacts;
• Contribute to organising conferences, workshops, seminars and other events organised by the Secretariat;
• Manage the outsourced translation services;
• Coordinate the outsourced graphic design services and audio-visual services;
• Represent the Secretariat/Forum at conferences, seminars, official meetings and other relevant networks and fora;
• Other duties as assigned.
• A good knowledge of communication tools;
• Good understanding of the workings of the EU institutions, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society in the EaP;
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, European Studies, International Relations or other related field;
• Fluent in English and Russian and able to interact verbally and in writing with professionalism;
• Capacity to draft clear and concise correspondence and effectively convey messages in English and Russian;
• Good understanding of website management and social media;
• Minimum five years of relevant working experience in an international setting in communications (consultancy, NGO, or an international organisation) with at least two years of working experience in Brussels;
• Independent, problem solver, team player;
• Excellent client and interpersonal skills;
• Multi-tasker with strong organisational skills;
• Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
• Ability to travel occasionally to the EaP partner countries and within Europe;
Applications and interviews
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 May with the reference: “Communications Manager”. Only shortlisted candidates selected for the interview will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For the time of the official lockdown in Belgium, the work will be conducted from home. Despite teleworking, the candidate must have a valid work permit in Belgium. For further questions, please contact email@example.com.
About the EaP
CSF The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is a unique multi-layered regional civil society platform aimed at promoting European integration, facilitating reforms and democratic transformations in the six Eastern Partnership countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Serving as the civil society and people-to-people dimension of the Eastern Partnership, the EaP CSF strives to strengthen civil society in the region, boost pluralism in public discourse and policy making by promoting participatory democracy and fundamental freedoms. EaP CSF is a non-profit, non-government, nonpartisan civil society organization with its headquarters in Brussels. More details about EaP CSF: https://eap-csf.eu/
Interested in the latest news and opportunities?
This website is managed by the EU-funded Regional Communication Programme for the Eastern Neighbourhood ('EU NEIGHBOURS east’), which complements and supports the communication of the Delegations of the European Union in the Eastern partner countries, and works under the guidance of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations, and the European External Action Service. EU NEIGHBOURS east is implemented by a B&S Europe-led consortium. It is part of the larger Neighbourhood Communication Programme (2020-2024) for the EU's Eastern and Southern Neighbourhood, which also includes 'EU NEIGHBOURS south’ project that runs the EU Neighbours portal.